Thursday, June 25, 2009

Going to Nazca

This morning we left at 7:30 for Ayacucho to get to Nazca for the summer reunion. On the way to Ayacucho before I had no problems with motion sickness. I had a bit on the way to Vischongo last week, but this morning was the worst. I threw up out the window of the combi (toyota van). Good thing I had not eaten breakfast.

We bought our bus tickets to Ica, and the bus leaves at 9:45 pm, and should arrive in Ica around 5:00 am. We will then buy tickets to Nazca and hopefully get there safely.

I am glad to have a little break from the usual grind, although things have been going good in Vilcas.

Last night we had our first time teaching English with one of the doctor´s from the hospital. (We probably would have never met him unless Gerica had been quarantined.) He was glad to have us help him with English. He is also interested in Studying the Bible with us.

I also met up with Alfredo Chatte. I thought his name was Albert. He wants a Bible in English and wants to study the Bible at 4:00 in his office.

Pray that we are refreshed this week at Nazca and are able to continue working with the contacts we have made.

To God be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment